Friday, March 24, 2006

Rabbi Goldberg presenting at Feb. 2006 Mesorah Conference




(Caption)"Scaling the Heights: Rabbi Chaim Goldberg, OU Rabbinic Coordinator, who presented An Analysis of Kaskeses (scales) – Past and Present, demonstrates not only scales, but the fish upon which the scales reside. "


This is me holding a rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) for the camera while demonstrating how to find kaskeses on different fish. We are on a porch at Lander College in Queens, because I did not properly refrigerate my samples and they stunk by the time we got there. After my presentation, listeners were invited to chase me outside and see how to check a fish for kaskeses. The procedure is quite simple, and means the ability to purchase probably the most easily acquired kosher protein on the planet.

No comments: